Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Another day

Hey everyone! I'm sorry for the late posting for today. It's another day of not feeling that great, but I've also had to work both jobs all day. I just wanted to once again say thank you so much for everyone that has been giving me this chance to live a life with Zido. Whether it's those of you that are reading this blog, or those of you that have financially donated to our fund, but especially to those of you that have just been incredibly supportive of this journey I'm starting on.
I have been nothing but blessed throughout this entire time. Both of my jobs and Mason Ambassadors have been supportive and excited for me to come home with him. I've mentioned how awesome George Mason University is, but I have really been experiencing it over this last week. The professors that I've emailed about missing their classes have been nothing but helpful and supportive. Housing understands my need to cancel my room for this semester since I'll only be at 6 credits, and they have helped me figure out how I can try to get into the room with my same roommates for spring semester. My roommates are just plain excited to have a dog in their room, even if they can't pet or interact with him (sorry about that again ladies :)...). And if that's not enough, in just 5 days my GoFundMe account has reached $3,290. It's unbelievable. Basically, God's hands have been surrounding me this entire time and reassuring me that this is the plan He has made for me. I was scared to announce to everyone that I have this condition, but all of your support has shown me that I should have done this years ago!!
I wanted to end this entry with a question for anyone who is reading this who has or has had a service dog. Please, comment and just let me know: how exactly has your life changed? What have you found that you weren't expecting? Basically, I feel like a woman who is about to become a mother for the first time, and I have no freaking clue what I'm doing. For the first time, I'm going to need to think about another being's needs without being able to communicate with them verbally. It seriously feels like I'm having a kid! But (as Danielle put it), "at least they don't talk back as much" :) Love that girl.
Okay I look forward to hearing your answers!
Love and blessings,
Zee and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment