Wednesday, October 8, 2014

It's Coming Up Fast!

Hey everyone!
   So training starts in just 3 days!!! Now that there will be more events happening and more updates available, I will definitely be writing on here more so that everyone can follow along with what it means to be the partner of a service dog :)
   I went up to CPL this past weekend for their Open House (and quite honestly, to see my buddy) and it was SO amazing. It was the first time that my boyfriend got to meet Zido and it was the last time that anyone else, besides me, could pet and interact with him. I feel like I have been so overwhelmed with it all, that I've been forgetting to just enjoy every moment. Being able to see my parents and my boyfriend interact with Zido was so incredibly soothing because it was just a snapshot into what my life will look like from here on out.

Here's the first picture of what will be my new life

 

   So for this past week, Zido has actually been on "restriction" where he has had minimal contact with humans. At first, this just seemed cruel and unusual, but they explained that it's to actually help break the bond he has with other people so that when he comes into the room for training on Saturday, he feels more open to bonding with me. Obviously, he has still had SOME contact with humans this week, but by decreasing the attachment he feels towards his trainers and kennel assistants, he will be better able to attach himself to me. So I guess I really can't complain.
   I've mentioned how incredibly blessed I have been throughout this whole process, but the blessings have still been pouring in. For example, I will be staying at 2 separate houses during my time in Pennsylvania and they will be my "host homes". This decreases the amount I would have had to pay for lodging by literally thousands of dollars. Also, amazing people have still been donating to my GoFundMe sight and the company that my dad works for has donated for Zido. With all of these generous donations, I have been able to pay for everything that I will need for Zido and my 3 weeks, and still have enough to save in case an emergency were to happen. It's nothing but humbling.
I'm so excited to share my story with all of you, so keep checking back in for updates on our training!
Love and blessings,
Zee and Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment