Saturday, October 11, 2014

Today is the Day!!!

   "Going to the kennel and I'm gonna get Zi-i-ido"  

(Imagine it sung like "Going to the Chapel"...)

   That's right everyone! Today is officially the day that I start my new life with Zido by my side. Well, kinda. Tonight we have our opening dinner, which I heard is an absolute blast. It's not until tomorrow that the training really starts. But I don't care because tonight I get to see my one and only Zido once again.
   Yesterday was a long day of travel trying to get up here, but we finally made it. My parents, boyfriend, and I are all staying at a friend's house, Deanie, who also has a service dog from CPL. Her dog's name is Carlos and he is the most beautiful, snarky, attitude-y chocolate standard poodle I have ever met. We're going to be staying with her a couple of days and I can't believe how blessed we are. She's hysterical, sweet, and has some crazy stories to share! But she's said that she's excited to sit back and watch Zido and me bond, because she's been through it all.
   So far today, I woke up at 7am because I just couldn't sleep any longer. I Facebooked, I Pinterested, I Buzzfeed-ed. 7:30am: I was ready to start this day! My parents were already up, so I went to go wake up my boyfriend, Niko, because...well I thought he just needed to be up and as excited for today as I was! It was like Christmas morning!!
   We all came upstairs to have our coffee, got ready, and went for breakfast at a place nearby. Then my dad, Niko, and I came back home to get some work done. I'm trying to get a head start on the homework that I have for school because I know I will be absolutely exhausted by the end of each day. I've finished my Italian homework, I'm writing a short paper for Italian, and then I'm going to try to read a chapter for my Criminology class but let's be real...my head is not thinking about Italian or Criminology. My brain is counting down until 5pm tonight!
   I'm going to try to post here everyday so everyone can keep up to date with what training holds and maybe as a way for me to let off some stress.
   Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers and I can't wait until I can say: "Hey it's Zido and Courtney here!"
Love and blessings,
Zee and Me (Well just Me for a couple more days!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment