Tuesday, October 14, 2014

And the Test Begins

So 3 days done already! I seriously can't believe how fast this is going. I also can't believe how it's possible to love something so much. Zido is slowly becoming my everything (other than God and my boyfriend and family and friends of course!) Today, though, was a day of him starting to test me and see if I'm really up for the challenge that is a service dog.
You see, this is a dog that knows A LOT. Like a lot, a lot. So who would think that the one thing that would make him stare at me for minutes on end would be the simple command "sit". I mean seriously, that's like preschool stuff for these dogs. Well it seems as if it's the perfect command for Zido to test me with. We had our first obstacle course, and he didn't do too bad, but it definitely made me have to step up my game on the "commanding voice" thing. While his command obeying seems quite finicky, his alert is very good. A few more alerts today! I was started to wonder if he was accurate, but I took my heart rate and sure enough it was at 95. I guess this dog works :)
I just finished up some school work and I have a nice little foot warmer at my feet. I guess this part isn't too bad :)
Love and blessings,
Zee and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment