Saturday, September 27, 2014

So Many Blessings

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's officially 2 weeks away from the start of team training. I can't even believe all of the love and blessings that I've experienced over these past 2 months. So many supportive comments and awesome questions and just love overall.
I've been telling people that I feel like I'm about to get married to the man of my dreams. Like, I'm 150% positive that this is the one that God made for me, but the closer I get, the more I think I'm not prepared. Everyday, I wake up and realize that I'm 1 day closer to living the life I've always wanted to live with the dog that has been training his entire life for me. It's humbling. I mean, for 2 1/2 years, so many people have been working to get him ready his partner, not even knowing that his partner would be a goofy 20 year old girl who has gawked over the abilities of service dogs for years. When my mom's best friend, Michelle, told me about CPL, never in my wildest dreams would I think I would actually receive one of the beautiful creatures. And I could never hope that they would fit me as amazingly as Zido does. I've met him twice, but I now believe in love at first sight. When I look at pictures of him, I know that no matter what, he's got my back and I've got his. Yes, it's going to take time to bond and we are sure to have our bumps in the road. But like any great relationship, it takes those bumps to grow in each other. He's going to be my partner, my defender, my best friend, my middle of the night snore monster, the face I see first thing in the morning, and the one I pet right before falling asleep.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is officially...THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

13 days 19 hours 48 minutes!!!

Love and blessings,
Zee and Me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment