Friday, October 17, 2014

Hello Public!

   So like I said before, today we went out to the world. Well, if the world was TJ Maxx, Famous Footwear, Staples, and Starbucks. We had a wonderful experience at all of the stores. The employees were welcoming (overly so with TJ Maxx, since CPL has had issues with them in the past) and the other customers were so kind and interested. Again, I was surprised with how natural it all felt. I mean besides the part that I had to maneuver around shelves and hangers with a 63lb lab at my side, but besides that it was like there was no other way of doing it. Zido was amazing at all the stores; he didn't stick his nose in anything or anybody. He was patient as I looked at stuff. He didn't grumble or whine, so I got him some treats and poop bags! Yay!
   All was well and good until we went into Staples. The employees and customers were fantastic and the experience was wonderful. I was just having a medical crisis. The second I walked into the store, I knew something was wrong. I couldn't focus my eyes, my ears felt full, I was saying and doing things that just weren't me and my brain was saying "Why are you doing that?" My little sidekick knew something was up and he pulled me straight out of the store and onto the floor. Then, he literally sat on me. And I broke down crying. I was scared, frustrated, sick, and confused. Why has this been happening so much? How long have I been ignoring it? Is this what my future will be? Sitting on the dirty nasty ground with a dog in my lap? Well, quite frankly, yes. That's my new life (except I bought a yoga mat, so maybe not so many dirty grounds in my future). But this is what I knew could happen. I never thought it would be happening this much, but what did I expect Zido to do? Sit there and look pretty? No. I expected him to help me and warn me when things were going south. And he has been doing it beautifully. I love him so much and I am so incredibly blessed that he's in my life now. Not only is he adorable, but he's quite useful, too. Guess I get the best of both worlds.
Love and blessings,
Zee and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment