Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 1...DONE!

I can't even believe it...the first day of team training is officially done. And it couldn't have been better!
I woke up at 6 (since I couldn't sleep very well...too excited!) and started to get ready!we headed to CPL and I got there early enough to walk him to the barn, and tell him to "do his business". I never knew watching a dog relieve himself could be so fun! Is that weird? That's weird...anyway we started training and all of a sudden he jumped up and stared at me. I thought he just wanted some treats so I told him to lay down. He did, and then jumped right back up. I told him to lay down again. This went on a couple more times and finally the trainers told me he was alerting!! They got a mat for me and I laid down. Well Zido just didn't know what to do with himself. He laid down next to me, he lifted my head and laid under it, he literally sat on my chest/neck/face. It was amazing and adorable, despite him kind of choking me. All of a sudden he got up, went down by my feet, and he was fine! First alert...check!
We went through the rest of the day with getting to know each other and what to expect these next few weeks. I can't believe it's started but I'm heading to day 2 right now! Tonight I bring Zido home with me for the first time!!!
I'll try to write tonight but they weren't kidding when they say training is exhausting!
Love and blessings,
Zee and Me :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Court, an alert on the first day! That is one amazing dog you've got there :)

    ReplyDelete