Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Zido Turns 4: A Doggie Birthday Party

   It was by far the WEIRDEST birthday party I'm sure any of my friends have been to. But I have to say, sitting in a chair and looking at my 15 friends that came to a birthday party for my dog while Zido opens the presents they brought for him was so incredibly hilarious and humbling. I can't believe how blessed I am; I mean 15 humans willingly gave up their Sunday afternoon to sit in a living room, eating dog-themed food, and watch a dog open birthday presents. Sometimes the amazingness of the people in my life is overwhelming.

   Well, this post is going to be the pictures from Zido's big day and a couple points from the day. Please don't judge me for the corny food names, but hey when you have a dog with you 24/7, you start to get a litte pup-crazy. Up next on Zee and Me is "Dog Off-Duty: Zido the Normal Dog"

Zee and I started the day off with some yoga. As you can tell he was THRILLED to be up early on his birthday

Mini Dachshunds. AKA little bitty BBQ hot dogs

Of course there need to be hot dogs at a dog's birthday

The full array of dog-themed foods...but for humans

Oh the cheesiness is just beginning...

Chocolate AND puppy kisses? Is there anything better?

Animal crackers are the same as chew toys right?

Well this is just a given...

Kibbles and Bits for people. Yum!

I had NO idea there were Scooby Snacks for humans. And they're delicious!

The birthday boy enjoying some pig ears

Yes, Zido opened all of his own presents. His "take-it" and "tug" skills came in handy.


Zido, Garni, and Bud waiting ever so patiently for their pup-cake

So excited Garni and Bud could join us!




Zido's favorite part about his birthday is opening presents

  I'm really lucky to have two other women in the Northern Virginia area who have service dogs from Canine Partners for Life. We try to get together for each of the pups' birthdays so of course they were at Zido's! I used Toni's recipe for this super special pup-cake for the dogs and the video below is when the boys were finally able to gobble it up.


I hope you all have a blessed week and as always, thank you for reading!

Love and blessings,
Zee and Me

3 comments:

  1. Very clever and funny. Anxious to read the next post. I feel like that is one of our biggest battles with Lukah and Jasper is trying to get through to people that Jasper gets to be a regular dog most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furbaby Family pet care, Ballwin offer private dog boarding residence where your dog has the luxury of staying in a home away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you always have love in your heart, money in your PARTY pockets and friends to buy you a drink when you don’t have any. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete