Monday, September 1, 2014

Access Denied

Well I had my first experience of being incredibly rudely treated on behalf of a service dog. I knew that this could happen but it doesn't make it any easier to handle. I went to a local pet store, Pet Supplies Plus, after being referred there by a fellow service dog owner because they supposedly offer a discount. When speaking with a worker there, named Aaron, he looked at me as if I was lying when I told him I was receiving a working service dog and when I asked about the discount, his words were "well we offer it to SOME people". I had asked for the manager and he just raised his hand and said "That's me for now". When I pulled out the list of what I need, he still doubted me. I asked if I should just go find the stuff or if he could help me and he told me that it would be a final purchase issue and then proceeded to stare at me like I had two heads. I almost showed him a picture of Zido to prove myself, but figured he does not deserve and explanation or proof. I was a willing customer that had about a $150 purchase I was planning on making and even if I don't look like I need a service dog, that is not his call to make. Needless to say I will not be purchasing any of Zido's supplies from them. Prayers would be very appreciated so that my heart and mind remain in the right place.

My boyfriend used to work at this store and he has already called the store and will be calling the manager to express his disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment